Subscribe to Your Email
Thursday, June 18, 2009
IBU Foundation partnering with PT Mediatama Cipta Citra will be conducting 1 year pilot program for dengue reduction which name “Peluk Asa Program” supported by Telkomsel in 14 pilot City/Location
Therefore IBU Foundation is seeking 14 interested candicates for fill up the position as 14 Community BCC Facilitators for Dengue Reduction Program/Peluk Asa Team Taskforce to be place locally in each city below.
1. Medan, Sumatera Utara
2. Lampung, Lampung
3. Padang, Sumatera barat
4. Jakarta, DKI Jakarta
5. Bekasi, Jawa Barat
6. Depok, Jawa Barat
7. Cimahi, Jawa Barat
8. Yogyakarta, DIY Yogyakarta
9. Surabaya, Jawa Timur
10.Lombok, Nusa Tenggara Barat
11.Makasar, Sulawesi Selatan
12.Manado, Sulawesi Utara
13.Balikpapan, Kalimantan Timur
14.Sorong, Papua Barat
Please send your application, comprehensive resume together with recent photograph and related document, to the email address below (max 120 kb) before June 23, 2009 (put position as email subject, for example CF-BCC-jakarta or CF-BCC-sorong) .
Send to: hrd@ibufoundation. or.id
Closing date: June 23, 2009
Only short-list qualified candidates will be contacted for selection test.
General and Specific Requirement for above position are below:
· Demonstrates volunteerism in social issues
· Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
· Proven effective and efficient work-pace in previous working places
· Displays teamwork ability and spirit
· Opennes to change
· Responds positively on feedback and different point of view
· Remains calm and in control under pressure
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Specific Requirement :
· Skill on community facilitation especially in Behavior Change Communication (BCC) and participatory learning Action (PLA)
· Skill on training and development for community members
· Interpersonal skills
· Presentation skills in bahasa indonesia, bahasa local language
· Writing report skill
· Skill on stakeholder mapping
· Skill on assessment method and its tools; it might include social analysis skill
· Skill on standard computer office application (ms office and prefrably open office)
· Basic to Intermediate knowledge on Community Development and Assessment Methodology
· Basic Knowledge in Behavior Change Communication and Participatory Learning Action
· Strata 1 or Diploma 3 on social study such as public health, psychology, sociology, development economy, and education. The job holder should also have a GPA not less than 2,0.
· Local person is preferred
· Woman are encourage to apply
· Willing to be place at the village
· Minimum 1 year of experience in social and humanitarian program either in emergency or development setting.
· Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and local language
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
We are trying to find the best possible candidates to make the Mercy Corps team stronger.
1. Water and Sanitation Project Officer – WES Project
The Water & Sanitation Officer helps the project manager in a wide range of project activities, including activity planning, training of local NGOs, government and communities and field implementation.
· University degree on environmental engineer or civil engineer is preferred;
· Minimum of two years of work experience in project implementation;
· Good understanding on water and sanitation infrastructure design and bill of quantity;
· Have an experience in community mobilization;
· Able to use engineering design software e.q Auto Cad, Visio.
Please send your CV with position applied on the email subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org. org before: 21 June 2009.
We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Volunteer needed to support the work of the PBI Publications Committee
The Publications Committee is a sub committee of the PBI International Council and has responsibility for the following areas of work:
* Reviewing existing publications and target audiences, identifying gaps and
proposing appropriate ways to fill those gaps
* Working towards greater consistency of messages, style, content and terminology in PBI cross-organisationa l publications
* Overseeing the production of the PBI external newsletter and Annual Report
* Setting up a resource library including templates so that PBI entities can access materials relevant to their own publications
* Providing support and advice for PBI entities
* Reviewing and developing the content and presentation of the international pages of the PBI website
We are currently looking for a volunteer with some understanding of the principles and mandate of PBI , and skills in collating information. Ideally we would like someone who could commit on average a few hours per week for at least six months.
Further information Helen Yuill iosupport@peacebrig ades.org
working for the well-being of children, is looking for qualified candidates
to fill in the following position.
Deputy Area Coordinator (Livelihood Program): 1 positions - based at Bireuen
- University degree(preferably Masters degree) in social sciences
- At least 5 years experience of working on management positions in NGO
- At least 2 years experience of managing projects in following
· Excellent report writing skills in English
· Willing and able to stay at Teunom or Bireuen
Please send your cover letter and a CV in English with phones, emails and
street addresses of 3 referees to hrchildfundaceh@ gmail.com
Only short-listed candidate will be contacted. Women are encouraged to
*There is no application deadline and a short listing and interview decision
will be taken as soon as an application is received.* A cover letter and CV
can also be sent to:
Jln. Krueng Peusangan No. 18
Geuceu Komplek Kec. Banda Raya
Banda Aceh 23239
Vacancy – Project Manager Assistant
Based Banda Aceh Field Office
· Muslim Aid Indonesia is looking for an experienced individual to fill this vacancy of Project Manager Assistant. The Project Manager Assistant will support the Project Manager to implement project of drilling well that is a joint collaboration between Muslim Aid Indonesia and UNICEF. The Project Manager Assistant will be responsible to monitor drilling of well project on a regular basis, to prepare and submit progress report to Program Manager.
Qualification & Experience
University degree in Water Environmental Sanitation related field, Civil Engineering or any relevant backgroundwithMinim um 2 years of professional experience, preferably in the field of development and initiative and dedication to the Muslim Aid Indonesia principles, previous experience in drilling well with international organization would be an advantage.
Good knowledge of WES (Water & Environmental Sanitation), demonstrated knowledge and experience in project drilling; able to design, monitor and evaluate the development project; excellent verbal and written communication skills both in English and Indonesian bahasa; ability speak Acehnese is an asset; ability to work in a systematic and methodical manner; ability to work on own initiative; ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and adapt to change.
Deadline for application on Friday, 19 June 2009
Applications should be addressed to: Human Resource Department, Muslim Aid Indonesia, Jalan T. Bintara Pineung No. 27 Banda Aceh 23116, or email hr_muslimaid. indonesia@ yahoo.com. All applications should include a cover letter, updated resume (CV), a passport size photograph, and two references which can testify to the candidate’s ability in above mentioned.
Muslim Aid is an equal opportunities employer
“ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED”
Muslim Aid Indonesia Field Office
Jln. T. Bintara Pinueng No.27 Banda Aceh
Telp. 0651 - 7552938 extn: 105
(UMCOR-NGO) (www.umcor-ngo. org) is a not-for-profit organization that
provides transitional development and relief assistance to communities
in need around the world. UMCOR-NGO's Indonesia Field Mission
(UMCOR-Indonesia) is seeking (1) one new staff members as Senior
Community Development & Partnership Specialist to work with Local
Partners in Lhokseumawe and Lhoksukon. Expected start date is July 1,
Senior Community Development & Partnership Specialist (1 position in Bireuen)
Primary Responsibilities: The SPS will be responsible for daily program activities provided to
the targeted communities through trainings, guidance, co-ordination and
supervision of partners. Identify partners; train, guide them to
implement program activities within the defined objectives.
Qualifications and Key Competencies/ Required:
* Previous working experience with community
development or/and community groups providing capacity bulding and
income generation program.
* Minimum 3 years working experiences with Local NGOs or CBO as "partnership" and or community development project.
* University degree preferable major: social work, economic, business development.
* Ability to provide leadership and direction to partners.
* Ability to manage variety of workloads and prioritize tasks.
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational and community skills.
* Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Highly responsible, reliable, honest and punctual.
* Flexible in mobility and working time.
* Willingness and ability to travel regularly to working sites in a challenging environment including stay overnight if required.
* Experience in training or teaching and strong interest in working and buliding Local NGO.
* Advance English skills (oral and writing).
* Able to work harmoniously as a team member.
* Ability to work regardless to religions, ethnics and cultural differences.
* Knowledge of Acehnese's social and cultural traditions
* Able to speak Acehnese
Applications: To apply for these positions, please send a CV/resume and cover letter in English, clearly stating whichSenior Community Development & Partnership Specialist in the upper left of the envelope or as a subject of your e-mail, to: Mrs. Yessi Argina, Administrative Assistant, UMCOR-Indonesia. E-mail: yessi@umcor. or.id; or
send to Jl. Pulo Kiton N0. 22A. Bireuen 24251 or to Ms. Sauria Beatrix
Napitupulu, MIS cum HR. UMCOR-Indonesia address TASBI Blok RR No. 141,
Kelurahan Tanjung Rejo, Medan-Sunggal 20122 by June 23, 2009.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and positions will remain
open until filled. Please no phone calls. Only applicants selected for
an interview for the positions will be contacted. Thank you for your
interest in UMCOR-Indonesia.
Responsible To: UMCOR Bireuen Field Coordinator
Start Date: July 1, 2009
Salary: Remuneration will be based on qualifications and experience
API Fellowships The Nippon Foundation
Public Intellectuals are those—academics, researchers, media professionals, artists, creative writers, NGO activists, social workers, public servants and others with moral authority—who are committed to working for the betterment of society by applying their professional knowledge, wisdom and experience.
The Nippon Foundation Fellowships for Asian Public Intellectuals (API Fellowships Program) is designed to stimulate the creation of a pool of such intellectuals in the region. They aim to promote mutual learning among Asian public intellectuals and to contribute to the growth of public spaces in which effective responses to regional needs can be generated.
WHAT ARE THE GOALS?
- To create and nurture a community of public intellectuals in the Asian region;
- To promote mutual learning among Asian public intellectuals; and
- To contribute to the growth of public spaces in which effective responses to regional needs can be generated.
In selecting Fellows, API Fellowships Program will favor projects that address critical issues for the region, which use creative and multidisciplinary approaches, and which have some element of advocacy.
WHAT CAN I DO AS A PROJECT?
The project may take several forms: research paper; film; series of journalistic articles; data gathering; building networks; work of art, etc., but must fulfill three conditions: it must NOT be part of your regular employment; it must contribute to the goals of the API Fellowships Program, and fit with the API themes; and it must have tangible output (research paper, film, photo essay, etc.).
The project must be carried out in one or more of the API Participating Countries, but NOT in your native country or country of residence. The current Participating Countries are: Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Thailand.
You will need to find a Host Insitution in the country where you carry out the project.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Anyone involved in the production and exchange of knowledge or ideas in line with the goals of API Fellowships Program. This includes academics, researchers, media professionals, artists, writers, NGO workers, social workers, public servants and others who work for the betterment of society.
General eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must hold the nationality or proper resident status in one of the five (5) Participating Countries and reside in the country at the time of application;
- Applicants must attend an interview at a designated date and place;
- The proposed project by the applicant must take place and should be completed within the period of July 1, 2010 to July 31, 2011 (Note: The fellowship period must be continuous.);
- Applicants must have a basic knowledge of English or a laungage(s) spoken in the country(ies) where the proposed research and/or activities are conducted; and
- Applicants must be based in the region/country and will continue to be so in the future.
WHAT ARE COMMITMENTS INVOLVED?
After the project year, you must attend the annual API Regional Workshop, which usually takes place in November (for applicants for Fellows Year 2010-2011, it will be in November 2011), and present your results by submitting the papers and other materials. You are strongly encouraged to disseminate the results of your project to a wider audience wherever possible.
By fulfilling your commitments, you will become a member of the API Community. You will be expected to participate in the activities of the Community, and will have the chance to apply for post fellowship programs.
WHAT DOES THE API FELLOWSHIPS PROGRAM PROVIDE?
- A stipend and housing allowance for the time spent overseas on the project, the amount varies by country;
- International transportation costs, for one round trip only;
- Domestic transportation allowance;
- Research allowance to cover computer costs, field expences, books, tranlation fees, etc.; and
- Travel insurance during the fellowship period.
- The deadline for application submission is August 31, 2009.
- Interviews will take place in September/October/November 2009.
- The results will be announced in February 2010.
- The project must be carried out between July 1, 2010 and July 31, 2011.
organization committed to improve the quality of life of destitute
children, and supporting programs for the empowerment of women and
children, regardless of race, faith and political orientation. For our
Southeast Asia Regional Office in Jakarta we are looking for an
energetic and committed:
SENIOR FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATOR
He/She will have the following tasks and responsibilities:
ü Make assessments and reviews of project financial management
from NGO partners;
ü Make regular visits to project-sides for financial monitoring;
ü Monitor and support the process of project accounting
ü Conduct project audits;
ü Give technical assistance on financial administration to
ü Assist in internal financial administration
We expect the following qualification:
ü Minimal a S-1 (bachelor degree) in accounting;
ü Other financial and/or taxes courses taken will be advantages;
ü Minimal three years of experience with NGO work;
ü Excellent communication skills;
ü Able to work independently as well as a team player;
ü Working knowledge of English (written and spoken);
ü Advanced computer skills;
ü Willingness to travel regularly;
ü Indonesian citizen
Applications will be handled confidential and should be received (by
post, fax or e-mail) no later than June 19, 2009. Please submit
applications with curriculum vitae in English with a recent photograph
Office Manager Terre des Hommes Netherlands Jl. Terusan Hang Lekir
I/14C, Jakarta 12220 Fax: (+62-21) 739 3102 tdhadm@indo. net.id
Only short-listed candidates will be notified
Monbukagakusho College Technology D2 International Water Center Australia
The IWC Water Leader Scholarships offer full and partial tuition scholarships for Australian citizens, permanent residents and international applicants for the Master of Integrated Water Management program.
The IWC Water Leader Scholarships are available for the Masters program full-time or part-time/distance study mode. The course commences in March 2010.
Australia/NZ citizens and permanent residents
Scholarships include both full-tuition and partial-tuition fees for both full-time and part-time/distance study options.
International scholarships cover full tuition costs of the three-semester full-time Masters program, as well as overseas student health cover for the duration of the program.
Scholarship does not include:
- Accommodation allowance
- Living stipend
- Field work or course material costs.
It will be the responsibility of successful applicants to cover these costs.
- A completed undergraduate degree in a related field of study from an internationally-recognised institution. You must have completed a university level qualification which is at least equivalent in standard to an Australian four year degree. If you are unsure whether your previous university qualification(s) is equivalent in standard to an Australian four year degree, you should seek advice from the Australian Education Centre in your home country or region, or contact UQ International Education Directorate.
- Demonstrated English language proficiency
- Two years practical experience in a related field is preferred but not required.
1 August 2009