ACTED (Agency for Technical Co-operation and Development) is aninternational NGO founded in 1993 and headquartered in Paris. ACTED providesrelief to victims of conflict and natural disasters as well as localvulnerable populations. Its activities range from emergency relief tolong-term development projects. ACTED implements around 150 projects a yearin twenty countries in Africa, Central Asia, Europe, Latin America and theMiddle East. ACTED has been working in Indonesia since April 2005 assisting thoseaffected by the tsunami and Nias earthquake.
ACTED is now starting emergency projects in Padang for the earthquake-affected populations of PadangPariaman and Agam district.
ACTED is currently looking for qualified staff to fill a few position in Padang Pariaman, West Sumatra. This project will consist in the distributionof tool kits, and the organization of Cash For Work Activities for 800families for clearing and rehabilitating community infrastructures in 6 to10 villages.
1. “Project Manager for emergency economic assistance”
The Project Manager responsibilities will include support to the expatriateprogram manager in:
· Project delivery, on time and according to the budget;
· Compliance with quality standards;
· Management and development of a national staff team;
· Project planning;
· Compliance with ACTED’s internal systems and regulations;
· Demonstrated project management skills and experience;
· Experience in Cash For Work is a plus
* Strong organizational skills
· Excellent communication and drafting skills;
* Field management experience;
* An understanding of finance and logistics procedures;
* An ability to work with local authorities and community leaders;
* Good command of English required
* Ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel and Project Managementsoftware is a requirement
Functions and general objectives
- The Emergency Economic Assistance Project Manager is in charge ofa team of 6 technical supervisors, 3 community mobilisers and 2 Cash ForWork Cashiers.
-He/She will have to develop together with the ExpatriateProgram Manager the relevant schedules for the implementation of allactivities.
- He/she will ensure that ACTED’s relation with partners(communities, other NGOS, etc.) are good and regular during the completeduration of the program.
- He/she will ensure a continuous training to the team underhis/her responsibility on community mobilisation and Cash For Work follow up
- He/she will supervise the implementation of communitymobilisation activities: beneficiaries identification (for Cash for Workactivities, for prívate house clearing and emergency shelter construction,etc), public Works identification (irrigation Canals, public buildingclearing, emergency watsan, etc),
- He/She will supervise the implementation of the Cash For Workactivities:n Distribution of toolkitsn Organisation of workers groupsn Follow up of the infrastructure works
- He/she will have to anticipate the financial needs of his teamand prepare weekly and monthly cash request to be submitted to the ProgramManager.
- He/she will report to the Program Manager both weekly and monthlyabout the activities, achievements, problems and challenges of his team onthe field.
- He/she will draft out tools to ensure a regular monitoring andevaluation of all the activities.- He/she shall also be asked additional tasks by the Base Manager
* Salary starting from IDR 6.700.000,- according to experience and ACTED salary scale
2. “Technical Supervisor”
Under supervision of Program Manager, she/he responsible for all activityprogram in the field especially for the quality, ensuring daily workers areeffective, materials need are supplied, and maintaining good relationshipswith the worker and beneficiary, as per ACTED procedureSpecific Duties
1. To organize, coordinate and manage duty of daily workers
2. Work under supervision of Program Manager and support ProgramManager in technical designs for Project
3. Have capability to evaluate work performance
4. Give a good role modelfor field staff and other staff
5. Have a work loyality and consulting on decisions with ProgramManager
6. Have a good technical skill and always improve his/her computerliteracy, English and communication skill.
7. Can handle any technical problem in the field and feedback on theseto the Program Manager
8. Ensure good relations with the community and report any problems tothe Program Manager immediately.
9. Complete other jobs needed for program activity in consultationwith the department head.
* Salary starting from IDR 3.250.000,- according to experience andACTED salary scale
3. “AMEU Monitors”
Under the supervision of the AME manager and the Head of AME, the monitoring officer shall carry out the following duties:
· Maintains and supervises the data collection procedures allowingthe AME Manager and Head of AME to prepare reports as required;
· Prepares and adheres to weekly and monthly work plans for fieldvisits and data entry;
· Ensures that project monitoring and evaluation tools are properlyused in the bases and sub-bases through capacity building, and cross andspot checks;
· Provides the M&E manager with weekly reports via e-mail accordingto the standard format, including both challenges encountered and possiblesolutions;
· Assists the M&E manager with translation during field visits;
· Performs other duties as requested and uses own judgment to suggestand advise on other duties as he / she sees fit.
· Carries out additional jobs requested by the AME Manager or Head ofAME
* Salary starting from IDR 2.800.000,- according to experience andACTED salary scale
4. “Community Mobilizer”
* Socialise the communities to the project including, socialiasationmeetings and signature of MOUs
* Plan and conduct monthly community meetings with each village incoordination with the Program Manager
* Plan and organise Cash For Work trainings in all villages
* Support Cash For Work contract releases
* Liaise with Program Manager when problems arise with local communityand support ACTED in resolving the problems
* Plan and conduct socialisation to the community about ACTED’sproject.
* Conduct other duties as required by the Program Manager.
* Salary starting from IDR 2.350.000,- according to experience andACTED salary scale
6. “CFW Cashier”
1. General objectives :
- Respect and follow-up the ACTED’s financial procedures;
- Dealing with transfers and exchanges of money;
- Petty cash management
- Cash flow follow-up (PRATIC)
2. Key responsibilities :
- ensure of having daily exchange rates of currency
- filling of voucher(s) & registration of voucher in cashbook
- make payments for all items and services which have been approvedby the Base Manager and the Finance Officer
- at the end of each day, the cashbook and the safe should bechecked and the balances match- whenever needed, change money for the cashbooks and register itin cashbook
- registration and exchange of voucher reference between capitaland base;
Monthly Base :
- the balance in the cashbook and in the safe should be checked andthe cash checking statement should be established and signed by the cashierand his base coordinator
- quality of vouchers should be checked by the Cashier at the endof each months
- cashbook and SAGA should be checked before closing the accountingmonth
- ensure the clearance of all advances for the staff, before payingthe salary
Salary starting from IDR 2.350.000,- according to experience and ACTEDsalary scale
7. “HR & Admin Officer”
* Announce vacant position for national vacant position,
* Select short list candidate by evaluate CV and doing preliminaryinterview with in supervision from HR & Administration Manager
* Fix appointment date, time and venue for final interview
* Welcome new staff and introduce to all ACTED Staff.
* Make training need analysis for staff
* Searching and select training foundation
* Assist all Department to prepare appraisal for National Staff
* Prepare Staff cost for ACTED-Indonesia under supervision of HR &Administration Manager
* Count all overtime, mission fee, allowances, Tax, Jamsostek and makesure all data accurate and as ACTED Procedure
* Prepare and monitor all staff grades, salaries and positions to bein accordance with ACTED Indonesia Salary Grade
* Prepare HR Financial Report with personal folder and given to checkby HR & Administration Manager, etc.Administration
* Follow up International Staff Visas, KITAS and Working Permit.
* In charge at day to day office Operations.
* In charge at day to day office and compound management
* Administrative task such as data entry, filling all reports,employee data base, etc both in hard copy files and soft copy
* Prepare and monitor resume of attendance sheet for national andexpatriate staff, prepare holiday report, follow up all the premises/landcontract, etc
* Prepare general correspondences, fax, reports and memos.
* Prepare and actualize all of standard ACTED Indonesia form depend onactivity, etc.
* Prepare filling system of all ACTED Indonesia AdministrationDepartment based on ACTED Standard Personal Folders
* Prepare that all staff, national and International have personalfolders with complete needed information, etc.
* Facilitate travel arrangement such as booking ticket & accommodationfor Expatriate and national Staff (book and issued ticket, hotel reservationetc)
· Good command of English· Good command of Microsoft office Excel and Word
· Detail oriented, able to work under pressure and target oriented.
· 2 year of relevant work experience
· Good knowledge of Human Resources, Indonesian Labor Law andAdministration.
-Good interpersonal skills to liaise with other departments, Institutions andGovernment.
Salary starting from IDR 3.700.000,- according to experience and ACTEDsalary scale
8. “Logistic Assistant”
1. Provide an assistance to prepare planning for ACTED freight andpassenger transport.
- Plan the schedule (calendar) for all freight deliveries
- Ensure the security of the freight while in the transportation
- Management of an effective delivery system
- Accountable for compliance with delivery management procedures
- Organize ACTED staff travel arrangements
- Communicate and confirm travel arrangement between the ACTEDstaff and the carrier
- Ensure that safety and other related procedures are fullycomplied with
2. Provide an assistance to ensure the safety and effective use of allACTED’s assets and property in the mission.
- To ensure proper utilization, maintenance and follow up of theACTED’s fleet
- To control and manage the cost of the fleet (fuel, maintenanceand repairs)
3. Ensure information flow with other departments for effectiveservice delivery thus securing the successful conduction of delivery.
4. Accountable for overall compliance with the asset and property,fleet and fuel management and security guard documents and filing system.
5. Responsible for the maintenance and repairs of ACTED’s asset andproperties
6. Provide any support for the good functioning of ACTED Logisticsdepartment whenever requested by ACTED Management.
Salary starting from IDR 2.800.000,- according to experience and ACTEDsalary scale
9. “Stock Keeper”
- To ensure an effective stock management of the program assets andinventory. (Stock Card, Stock Inventory, Stock Request document, etc.)
- Accountable for overall compliance with the stock managementprocedures.
- Responsible for regular stock inspection and safety of the stockin the warehouse
- Provide any support for the good functioning of ACTED Logisticsdepartment whenever requested by ACTED Management.
Salary starting from IDR 2.350.000,- according to experience and ACTEDsalary scale
10. “Security Guard”
Generel condition :
* For 3 months contract with extension possibility.
* Local people preference
* JamsostekFor people from outside intervention area :
- Free Housing
- IDR 300.000,- for food allowance
- Transportation to the work site and back home respectively at thebeginning and the end of the contract
- Phone allowances notice after arrival.
GENERAL NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS:
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter clearly statingtheir relevant skills, experience, by e-mail to:
- Jl. Palembang No.11A Komplek Asratek Ulakarang, Padang - Simpang Pasar Pekan Ternak Desa Sungai Sarik Kampung Bedang, Kec VIIkoto kab. Padang Pariaman
Submission DEADLINE: 29 October 2009
ACTED wishes to inform applicants that only short-listed candidates will becontacted.